Institution: University of Tulsa
Location: Tulsa, Okla.
The Assistant Track & Field Coach will support the head cross country/track & field coach in overseeing all aspects of the men’s and women’s track & field (indoor and outdoor) programs in accordance with NCAA, American Athletic Conference, and University rules and regulations.
· Assist the head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, trainings, and competitions
· Serve as a positive role model for student-athletes
· Assist the Head Coach, as directed, in the recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and university standards
· Assist, as appropriate, in planning and arranging team travel; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations
· Assist, as appropriate, in scheduling of team meets
· Establish a productive, well-rounded environment which stresses the importance of academics in conjunction with athletics
· Establish a professional relationship with students, staff, alumni and the general public in an effort to promote the university and its athletics program
· Work closely with the sports medicine, academic and student services, and athletic performance staffs to monitor the progress of student-athletes
· Support the student-athlete concept and demonstrate concern for the health, safety, and welfare of each student-athlete
· Work cooperatively and responsibly with other departmental personnel
· Other duties as assigned by Head Cross Country/Track & Field Coach
Bachelor’s degree; 1-2 years of experience coaching cross country/track & field (preferably at the Division I level); demonstrated successful experience coaching middle distance & distance events and/or competitive experience in the aforementioned areas
Master’s degree; experience as a collegiate student-athlete
The University of Tulsa seeks to recruit and retain talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Tulsa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to: The University of Tulsa, Office of Human Resources, 800 S Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104 or submit online at www.utulsa.edu/job-application. The review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
NCAA Division I, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field, Distance
How to Apply