Institution: Yale University
Location: New Haven, Ct.
Assistant Coach/Director of Operations
University Job Title: Assistant Coach
Bargaining Unit: None – Not included in the union (Yale Union Group)
Time Type: Full time
Duration Type: Part Year
Compensation Grade: athletics
Wage Ranges: Click https://your.yale.edu/work-yale/careers/wage-ranges to see our Wage Ranges
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 20 Tower Parkway
New Haven, CT 06511
Work Week: Flexible or Non-Standard (for anything other than Standard)
Searchable Job Family: Athletics
Total # of Hours to be Works: 37.5
As the Assistant Coach, this individual will assist the Director Men’s/Women’s Track & Field Athletics & XC; Head Coach Women’s Track and Field in formulating, teaching, and coaching technical aspects of game preparation and game strategy for a Division I intercollegiate athletic program. They will also assist in directing competitions, practice, administrative activities, alumni relations activities, and the recruitment process for student athletes.
This position will also have Director of Operations responsibilities, as listed below:
- Submit all travel needs to Athletic Department Travel Coordinator
- Organize Team Travel
- Create Team Itineraries
- Organize Team Meals
- Confirm or Book Transportation
- Submit Travel information through Teamworks
- Submit Expense Reports for all travel related expenses Equipment/Snacks
- Maintain Inventory for all Apparel and Shoes
- Organize and Distribute team equipment
- Place UA orders with Director of Brand Management
- Place Spike and Training Shoe orders
- Place Team Snack Order
- Distribute Snacks to Team on bi-weekly or monthly basis
- Organize Official Visit Weekends and Junior Days
- Maintain recruiting database
- Organize and Distribute Recruiting Postcards
- Home Meet Management
- Maintain meet information page on Direct Athletics
- Communicate event needs with Yale Event Management
- Maintain equipment inventory for meet management
- Roster Management/Teamworks
- Approve Cara Logs
- Maintain roster on multiple platforms
- Participates in the planning, organizing and execution of preseason and season practices and contests.
- Evaluates the athletes’ performance and progress to ensure peak performance during practices and contests.
- Oversees the mental and physical preparation of athletes for contests; assists in the development of conditioning programs.
- Scout sand evaluates opponents’ performance and recommends game strategy based on that evaluation.
- Oversees the recruitment of prospective student athletes; evaluate prospective students’ athletic and academic abilities and present Head Coach with recruits for final selection.
- Participates in planning for alumni events including fund raising or other special functions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience and knowledge of NCAA regulations.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Knowledge of effective coaching techniques and best practices. Ability to work in a diverse work environment and ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with school administrators, parents, students and alums
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to organize and manage all facets of the program including recruiting, scouting, individual instruction, budget planning, monitoring academic progress and success of student-athletes, and general day to day operations.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to lead and work independently as well as within a team environment. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with student-athletes, coaches and athletic and university administration. Strong verbal and written communication skills
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends. Travel required.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: NoSelected incumbent must have successful completion of a DMV check, a valid driver’s license and a car available.
Background Check Requirements:
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. For additional information on the background check requirements and process visit “Learn about background checks” under the Applicant Support Resources section of Careers on the It’s Your Yale website.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
Thank you for your interest in employment at Yale University. Please also note that the university has a https://covid19.yale.edu/covid-19-vaccination-policy for all students, staff & faculty which is described in the https://yalehealth.yale.edu/yale-covid-19-vaccine-program As you search our open positions, you will see that all postings list their on-site addresses which gives more detail on the on-campus work location of the role.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3108657
Yale is a tobacco-free campus.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
NCAA Division I, Assistant Coach, Director of Operations
How to Apply