Institution: University of St. Thomas
Location: St. Paul, Minn.
This position is responsible for assisting in the organization an operation of all functions related to coaching a nationally competitive division I men’s and women’s track and field program. Fundamental duties include but are not limited to: coaching, prospecting and recruitment of student-athletes; commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athletes as well as student athlete development. The assistant coach will take direction from the head coach in all day-to-day team operations, practice/competition preparation and team travel. This position collaborates with intercollegiate athletics staff members, medical services, academic support, compliance and institutional partners – admissions, financial aid and international admission. This position reports directly to the head coach.
1. Coaching Practice and Competition: Planning pre-season, season, and off-season practices. Prepare event-specific training and competition plan, student athlete roles, pre-event, event, and post-event arrangements.
2. Recruiting: Recruit high-achieving student-athletes with high character. Includes identification, evaluation, recruitment, and retention of prospective student athletes.
3. Program Operations: Assist in day-to-day operations of men’s and women’s track and field program as assigned by the head coach. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: travel, compliance, student-athlete programming, budget, scheduling, and equipment.
4. Meet Management: Assist in meet management for home meets as assigned by the head coach, as well as logistics for competition away from home.
5. Student-Athlete Character Development, Academic Achievement and Team Culture: Enhance student-athlete collegiate experience through team expectation and team culture, personal development opportunities – life skills, community service and professional growth. Emphasize academic success under the direction of the Head Coach.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
NCAA Division I, Assistant Coach
How to Apply
All interested candidates must apply online at https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. Follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes creating or updating an applicant profile, uploading a resume, and completing a job specific application.
Can reach out to Ashley Lucas (Head Women’s Track/XC) email@example.com and Pete Wareham (Head Men’s Track/XC) firstname.lastname@example.org