Institution: East Carolina University
Location: Greenville, NC
Salary: Commensurate with Qualifications
The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Director of Men’s and Women’s Track/Field and Cross Country (Head Coach), the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
– Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
– Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions.
– Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
– Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
– Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Track recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
– Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
– Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
– Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
– Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and Track program to ensure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the Head Coach.
– Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
– Assist with administrative functions of the Track program as directed by the Head Coach.
– Manage planning of team travel to include securing hotels, buses, travel itineraries, and meals, coordinating the travel party with the head coach, and handling travel money and per diems.
– Serve as the practice coordinator, communicating with athletic operations practice times and needs.
– Perform scheduling duties to include, but not limited to, working with the head coach to secure all opponents contracts and verify times/dates for game schedule.
– Coordinate team meals/per diems at home, when traveling, and when the institution is not in session
– Manage team calendar in Teamworks.
– In conjunction with the Head Coach, monitor program budget.
– Organize team functions and community service. Coordinate community service with student development/head coach. Keep record of individual and team hours for community service.
– Serve as liaison with Athletics Compliance. Manage all Compliance forms and work with staff on all aspects of FrontRush software system.
– Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
– Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of East Carolina University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
– Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pirate Club and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
– Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support ECU Pirate Club activities representing the Track program and ECU athletics.
– Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
– Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required in the performance of duties.
– Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution required.
– Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
– Prior collegiate participation and/or coaching experience are preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicant
– Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
– Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
– Official transcript required within 30 days of employment.
– East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 000305 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/43026
NCAA Division I, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Cross Country
How to Apply