Institution: Albion College
Location: Albion, Mich.
Full time position, as an assistant cross country and mid-distance track & field coach. A qualified candidate will have a Knowledge of and ability to teach the fundamentals of cross country and mid-distance running. Candidates should show the ability to recruit qualified students-athletes, and assistant the Head Coach in mentoring student-athletes. Multiple years of coaching experience or experience as a competitive college track & field athlete is preferred. This is a full time, 40 hours a week position. The position will report the Head Coach.
▪ Position requires working late weekday evenings and weekends, as well as, travel during these times. An assistant Coach may be asked to drive campus vehicles for recruiting purposes and competition day transportation.
▪ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear
▪ The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, and moderately loud when in the sport venue.
▪ Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association rules, regulations, and policies.
▪ Knowledge of techniques, strategies, and competition plans specific to the sport.
▪ Knowledge of the equipment and facility needs as they specifically relate to the sport.
▪ Demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal, with students, parents, campus community, and other personnel.
▪ Demonstrate basic computer skills and knowledge in social media communication and recruiting software.
▪ Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, participants, instructors, community leaders, and the general public.
▪ Bachelor’s degree required.JOB CATEGORIES
NCAA Division III, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Distance
How to Apply