Institution: California Lutheran University
Location: Thousand Oaks, Calif.
Salary: Up to $25,000
Assistant Track & Field Coach
Emphasis in Sprints, Hurdles & Relays with experience at the collegiate level of athletics in these event areas are required.
California Lutheran University is a private institution located in Thousand Oaks, CA with a total enrollment of 2800 undergraduate students. California Lutheran University is a NCAA Division III institution competing in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) and the West Region. California Lutheran University is now accepting applications for this coaching position. This position is for the 2022 Outdoor Track & Field Season
The assistant coach under the supervision of the Head Men & Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field Coach will assist with all aspects of the program. Experience in the following events is mandatory: Sprints, Hurdles & Relays.
This position will have a strong emphasis in recruiting. Previous experience as track & field student athlete or coach is required.
• Assist the Head Men & Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field Coach in all aspects of the program.
• Training: In charge of planning the training and leading the practices for Sprints, Hurdles & Relays
• Recruiting: In charge of recruiting and planning campus visits for Sprints, Relays, Hurdles & Jumps prospective student athletes
• Must have knowledge of and follow all NCAA Division III rules and regulations
• Experience with social media
• Daily office work
• Monitoring of academic progress of student athletes
• Attend daily practices and competitions as scheduled
• Some overnight travel involved (evening and weekend work will be expected)
• Training implementation of sprints (100m-400m), hurdles (100h, 110h, 400h) and relays
• Strong communication skills, initiative and good judgement are essential
• Relevant competition and or coaching experience with emphasis in sprints, hurdles, & relays
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Valid driver’s license
• CPR/AED certification within one month of start date
• The ability and willingness to travel and works nights and weekends as necessary are also required
NCAA Division III, Part-Time, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Sprints, Hurdles
How to Apply