Institution: California Lutheran University
Location: Thousand Oaks, Calif.
Assistant Track & Field Coach
Emphasis in Sprints, Hurdles & Relays with experience at the collegiate level of athletics in these event areas are required.
California Lutheran University is a private institution located in Thousand Oaks, CA with a total enrollment of 2800 undergraduate students. California Lutheran University is a NCAA Division III institution competing in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) and the West Region.
The assistant coach under the supervision of the Head Men & Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field Head Coach will assist with all aspects of the program. Experience in the following events is mandatory: Sprints, Hurdles & Relays.
Previous experience as track & field student athlete or coach is required.
• Assist the Head Men & Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field Coach in all aspects of the program.
• Training: In charge of planning the training and leading the practices for Sprints, Hurdles & Relays
• Recruiting: Assist in recruiting and planning campus visits for Sprints, Relays, Hurdles & Jumps prospective student athletes
• Must have knowledge of and follow all NCAA Division III rules and regulations
• Experience with social media
• Daily office work
• Attend daily practices and competitions as scheduled
• Some overnight travel involved (evening and weekend work will be expected)
• Training implementation of sprints (100m-400m), hurdles (100h, 110h, 400h) and relays
• Strong communication skills, initiative and good judgement are essential
NCAA Division III, Part-Time, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Sprints, Hurdles
How to Apply
For information on how to apply, please contact head coach Brett Halvaks at email@example.com