Institution: Manchester University
Location: North Manchester, Ind.
Position: Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Track and Field Assistant Coach – Throws
Campus: North Manchester
Position overview: Reports to the Director of Cross Country and Track and Field and is responsible for instructing and assisting with all aspects of the Cross Country and Track and Field programs.
Essential job functions:
• Teach, demonstrate and develop Cross Country and Track and Field theories and skills in student athletes.
• Teach physical health and safety to student athletes.
• Teach team-concepts and team-play to student athletes.
• Lead and direct the Cross Country and Track and Field academic studies program.
• Design customized work-out and practice instructions for individual student athletes.
• Represent the Department of Athletics in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
• Teach and follow the rules for Track and Field of the NCAA, HCAC, and Manchester University
• Successfully complete the NCAA Division III Rules Test online.
• Teach and assure appropriate safety precautions and practices during team practices, games and travel.
• Coach practices and competitions.
• Evaluate and counsel individual athletes.
• Recruit prospective student-athletes (some travel required).
• Maintain satisfactory retention rate for the cross country and track and field programs
• Maintain appropriate office hours, files and paperwork.
• Drive campus fleet vehicles to away competitions (on-site training provided).
• Attend athletic and campus-wide staff meetings.
Secondary job functions:
• Coordinate team service projects.
• Coordinate team fundraising efforts.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Cross Country and Track and Field and Director of Athletics.
• Appropriate Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Cross Country and Track and Field, previous coaching preferred.
• Certification in CPR w/AED & First Aid.
• Valid driver’s license required.
General information: Manchester University is an independent, liberal arts university with a campus in North Manchester, Ind., where approximately 1,300 students choose from at least 60 areas of undergraduate study, two master’s programs and 21 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Our second campus in Fort Wayne is home to the Manchester University College of Pharmacy, where graduates are awarded the Pharm.D. Doctoral degree.
Manchester has a distinctive commitment to developing respect for ethnic, cultural and religious pluralism and an international consciousness. Manchester University respects the infinite worth of every individual and graduates persons of ability and conviction who draw upon their education and faith to lead principled, productive, and compassionate lives that improve the human condition. As an institution rooted in the tradition of the Church of the Brethren, Manchester University values learning, faith, service, integrity, diversity, and community.
Work schedule: This is a twelve (12) month, full-time, exempt position, starting no earlier than August 1 or later than September 1 of each academic year. Workday schedule varies; evenings, weekends and travel will be required. Hours will be determined with current coaching staff upon hire. Includes weekend evening work.
What we offer: We offer competitive pay and the opportunity to serve in a dynamic educational environment.
To apply: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply online via ADP and upload a cover letter and resume with your completed employment application. Questions can be emailed to Jenny Steele, employment coordinator.
Manchester University is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants who further diversify our faculty and staff are warmly welcome.
NCAA Division III, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field, Throws
How to Apply