Institution: Berea College
Location: Berea, Ky.
Brief summary of this position:
This is a part-time position. As Assistant Coach for Track and Field – Horizontal and Vertical Jumps: responsible for assisting the head coach with managing all aspects of an NCAA Division III athletic program.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education required to ensure success in this position:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience required to ensure success in this position:
• Demonstrated successful coaching and/or playing experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
Special skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Outstanding knowledge in teaching and coaching track and field.
• Ability to work with and relate well to student-athletes.
• Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures.
• Strong personal work ethic and a high level of personal integrity.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Understanding and agreement with the mission and Great Commitments of Berea College.
• Familiarity with the NCAA Division III philosophy.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Regular and predictable attendance is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide coaching and instruction to student-athletes participating in the program;
• Assist the head coach with administrative duties and program oversight as directed;
• Support the head coach;
• Assist with actively recruiting new student-athletes to the program within Berea College and NCAA Division III guidelines;
• Support the academic progress of all team members;
• Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship and conduct representative of the coaching profession and Berea College Athletics;
• Maintain compliance with rules and regulations of all conference and national athletic affiliations;
• Assist with general facility upkeep and maintenance;
• Complete the annual NCAA coach’s rules test;
• Attend college and departmental meetings as required;
• Ensure student-athlete compliance with all College policies applicable to all students;
• Mentor and develop a positive culture for student-athletes.
• Related duties as assigned by the head coach.
NCAA Division III, Part-Time, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Horizontal Jumps, Vertical Jumps
How to Apply