Institution: New Jersey City University
Location: Jersey City, N.J.
Assistant Coach Track & Field/Cross Country, Recruiting Coordinator:
With the head coach, responsible for all facets of running a successful men’s and women’s cross country and track and field program competing at the NCAA Division III level and as a member of the NJAC Conference. Responsibilities include coaching several event groups within the track and field and cross country programs, coordinating recruiting efforts across all events, recruiting highly qualified female and male student-athletes.
Essential & Other Functions:
• Sport administrative duties including recruiting coordination, meet management, eligibility monitoring, alumni relations equipment orders, and other sport administrative responsibilities.
• Develop and implement training plans for several track and cross country event groups.
• Coach student athletes in competition and make coaching decisions in training and at meets.
• With the rest of the coaching staff develop team culture.
• Advise student-athletes and connect them with appropriate resources as needed.
• Responsible for coordinating a recruiting effort that requires contact with 100s of prospects annually and with a goal of matriculating at least 20 new student-athletes each year.
• Responsible for coaching event specific athletes first hand and assisting with another 45 each year.
• Other duties as assigned
• Recruiting – phone calls, schedule on campus visits, traveling off campus to identify recruits
• Academic Support – monitoring study hall and classes
• Review and submit all monthly credit card statements into an operating budget spreadsheet
• Reconcile team travel expenses for both men’s and women’s cross country and track & field teams
• Guide Student Athletes in admission process
• Lead fundraising and camps/clinic efforts
• Driving Team vans to practice and competition
• Coaching responsibilities when assigned by the head coach
• Other projects and other responsibilities as assigned by the Head Cross Country / Track & Field Coach
• Data entry using Microsoft Excel
• 3-5 years of intercollegiate athletic experience
• Previous coaching experience
• Valid driver’s license required
• Bachelor’s degree , Preferred: Master’s Degree
• Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate strong organizational skills
• Experience in cross country / track & field
• Strong competency with Microsoft Office Products (particularly Excel)
Interested applicants should submit resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Cross Country and Track & Field
NCAA Division III
How to Apply