Institution: Adrian College
Location: Adrian Mich.
Salary: Stipend ($10,000), Housing, On Campus Meal Plan, Health Insurance
Position Title: Track & Field Assistant Coach – Throws Coach
Purpose of Position: Assist the Cross Country/Track & Field Head Coach with all aspects of coaching.
Classification: Athletics Department – Assistant Coach
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Supervision Received: General supervision; reports to Cross Country/Track & Field Head Coach
Supervision Exercised: May coordinate activities of student employees
Work Schedule: Full-time; 11-month position; some evening and weekend work is required; up to 50% travel
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Example of Duties:
This position involves frequent verbal, written, and email correspondence with students, parents, faculty and staff. The successful candidate will:
• Recruit prospective student athletes
• Assist the Head Coach with all aspects of coaching, program and team management, planning and executing practices
• Coordinate the operations of a collegiate cross country/track and field program
• Assist with off-season, in-season training, strength and conditioning programs
• Adhere to all NCAA Division III and MIAA rules and regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Collegiate-level track & field experience in the hurdle events or throw events
• Must be able to perform duties within the normal bounds of an office environment as well as work in a variety of weather conditions, and sit and stand for long periods of time.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Includes Stipend ($10,000), housing (downtown apartment complex), on campus meal plan, health insurance
Previous collegiate coaching experience in Throws events and knowledge of Adrian College policies and procedures is preferred. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work independently, has excellent organization and communication skills (orally and in writing) and will be someone who is able to interpret, apply and comply with all NCAA and MIAA rules and regulations. Desire to pursue a coaching career is also preferred.
Adrian College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and women and minorities are encouraged to apply. If offered a position, finalist must furnish proof of U.S. citizenship or proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. within three (3) days of commencing employment.
Tentative Start Date – July 1
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to Brian Thill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NCAA Division III
How to Apply