Institution: Marion Military Institute
Location: Marion, Alabama
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to objectively evaluate physical skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate athletics
• Working knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations and competitive training techniques
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Experience competing and/or coaching at either the collegiate or high school level in one or more of the following areas (Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps, Throws)
• Ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the College including, but not limited to, student athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, civic, and business leaders
• Ability to work as a support individual within a group setting
• Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance
• Must pass required State of Alabama Background Investigation
• Valid Alabama Driver’s license with satisfactory driving record is required
• Master’s degree.
• Strength and conditioning certification and/or experience in developing training protocols for collegiate track and field student-athletes
In addition to adhering to general policies and guidelines specified by the Alabama Community College System’s Board of Trustees and the MMI Faculty/Staff Handbook, the successful candidate will also perform the following duties:
• In cooperation with the Head Cross Country/Track and Field Coach, the Assistant Cross Country/Track and Field Coach develops and maintains a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with area high school coaches to recruit quality student athletes to Marion Military Institute.
• Works in conjunction with the Head Cross Country/Track and Field Coach to encourage the development of psychological, social, and mental skills necessary for the student athletes to be successful in the classroom, on the playing field, and in future endeavors; will review quarterly grade sheets, coordinate tutoring schedules, and monitor student-athletes’ classes.
• Works with Admissions and Financial Aid to expedite the registration, admission, and other administrative processing of all student athletes.
• Under the direction of the Head Cross Country/Track and Field Coach, the Assistant Cross Country/Track and Field Coach will work with selected athletes on individual skill development.
• Assists the Head Cross Country/Track and Field Coach in developing individual workouts and practice needs.
• Arranges times for pregame meals on campus and meals for road games.
• Applies discipline, when necessary, within the program’s expectations.
• Supervises a team manager and conducts inventory on existing and new equipment.
• Responsible for conditioning and weight training programs for both preseason and postseason.
• Assists with implementing local fundraising strategies.
• Serves as a role model for the student athletes by always exhibiting ethical and professional conduct.
• Represents Marion Military Institute at various civic events, throughout the community.
• Cooperates with MMI athletic personnel for efficient utilization of shared facilities; assists in maintaining stadium facilities utilized for track and field student-athletes.
• Supports the Mission of Marion Military Institute.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Faculty and Staff Handbook.
• Other duties as assigned.
NJCAA, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field
How to Apply