Institution: Eastern New Mexico University
Location: Portales, NM
Under supervision of the Head Men’s and Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country Coach, assist in managing and coaching the Track & Field/Cross Country Team programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with recruiting and scheduling
• Specialize in coaching Throws
• Supervise of equipment inventory
• Assist with planning, instructing and supervising daily practice sessions
• Coordinate and conduct off season training and conditioning
• Participate in meet management
• Lead fundraising campaigns
• Classroom instruction will be assigned in the Health and Physical Education Department
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required. Previous experience as high school and/or college track & field coach and/or a strong background as a track athlete is also preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all types of people, establish and maintain a working relationship with students, coaches and other college administrators.
• Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Work is performed inside a non-smoking facility
• Must be able to work long hours outside
• Work requires traveling
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license, and open to transport the team as needed
Essential Functions: As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.
NCAA Division II, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Throws
How to Apply