Institution: Towson University
Location: Towson, Mass.
Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls over 22,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
Towson University, a Division I member of the Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for an Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track & Field. This position, under the direction of the head coach, teaches and provides instruction in the sports of track and field and cross country and assists in the planning, promotion, and administration of quality Division I track and field and cross country programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibilities for the Assistant Coach of Cross Country, Track & Field include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in all aspects of practice and meet coaching
- Provides skill instruction for student-athletes, including individual sessions, small groups, and total team training
- Assists with oversight of student-athlete academic progress and eligibility and community service/outreach
- Recruits prospective student-athletes for the the university and Division I program
- Develops contacts and relationships with pertinent cross country/track & field clubs/organizations and high school coaches/programs; maintains an efficient and effective tracking and evaluation system
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, including compliance with all NCAA rules
- The work hours for this position include evenings and weekends, as needed. Travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of experience coaching cross country, track & field at the camp/clinic, high school, or collegiate level
Technical knowledge and skills regarding cross country and track & field
- Knowledge and understanding of university, conference, and NCAA rules/regulations/requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to train and recruit at the Division I collegiate level
- Ability to accept and carry out assigned program and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community
- Ability to pass the NCAA recruiting test
- Ability to work collaboratively within the structure and framework of the Athletics Department and university
- Ability to confidently and competently lead a training session for women
- A demonstrated commitment to high academic standards for student-athletes and their ability to succeed both academically and athletically
- Experience in coaching cross country and distance events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
NCAA Division I, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field, Distance
How to Apply