Institution: Pacific University
Location: Forest Grove, Ore.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Assistant Men’s & Women’s Track & Field Coach is full-time responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the overall administration of the Track & Field program, recruiting and working directly with sprints, hurdles, relays, jumps, and/or combined-events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for assisting in practice preparation, competition coaching, and the experience of a diverse student-athlete population
• Assists with recruiting quality Cross Country/Track & Field student-athletes to the University
• Follows purchasing and spending guidelines as set by the University and athletic department
• Assists with completing all travel arrangements as required
• Assists with all aspects of practice preparation and competition coaching
• Assists with planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in-season
• Assists with all aspects of hosting and managing home meets
• Responsible for the general upkeep and protection of equipment under the jurisdiction of the program
• Follows all NCAA, NWC and Pacific University rules and regulations which pertain to the Track & Field program
• Cooperates with Sports Medicine to ensure that athletes receive quality care, prevention and treatment of injuries
• Attends all Pacific Athletic Department coaches’ meetings and represents Pacific at all NWC Cross Country/Track & Field coaches’ meetings
• Functions as a team player within the department and shares the vision for the future of the department as outlined by the athletics strategic plan
• Assists the Cross Country Head Coach as needed.
• Coach individual participants in sprints, hurdles, relays, jumps and/or combined-events
• Assists the Head Coach in monitoring student’s academic progress
• Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport
• Exercises good judgment in projecting positive coaching behavior. Leads by example in promoting a “class image” for the program
• Encourages good sportsmanship and fosters desirable athlete/coach relationships
• Does not allow athletes to participate until they are cleared for eligibility by the University
Other duties within the Athletic Department will be assigned to this position. Responsibilities which may be included, but are not limited to: Game Management duties, Sports Information, Building Supervision and/or other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree is preferred. A significant and successful record as an assistant coach in the sport of Track & Field. The successful candidate should possess strong leadership and communication skills along with the ability to recruit high quality and diverse student-athletes. The candidate must be committed to the mission of a private liberal arts University and an understanding of how the sport of track & field and athletics in general fit into this environment. Salary will commensurate with experience.
NCAA Division III, Assistant Coach, Full-Time, Sprints, Hurdles, Vertical Jumps, Horizontal Jumps
How to Apply