Institution: Southern Virginia University
Location: Buena Vista, Va.
Salary: Negotiable – Depending on the candidate’s experience and skill sets, this could be a full-time position with benefits.
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Track & Field Coach will be responsible for recruiting and coaching student-athletes in the Pole Vault, reports to the Director of XC/T&F, and supports the Southern Virginia University mission as well as the ideals of the USA South Conference and the NCAA Division III athletic philosophy.
• Regularly meet with SAs regarding their well-being and academic progress
• Plan workouts for the PV event group including the set up / tear down of equipment
• Coordinate strength work with our sport specific strength coach
• Coach PVs at all T&F meets at which they compete in the PV
• Maintain a positive relationship with SAs as they graduate and become alumni
• Assist with the recruitment of pole vaulters who are able to become strong SAs aligned with the T&F program and SVU ideals including:
o identifying and recruiting PSAs who are competitive;
o regularly communicating with PSAs throughout the recruiting process;
o attending venues and evaluating PSAs;
o hosting PSAs on campus;
o and helping PSAs transition into the university and T&F program
• Administrative tasks required:
o attend regular coaching staff meetings;
o provide input regarding program direction and specifically with the PV area;
o and assist with administrative tasks as requested by the Director and/or AD staff.
o Candidates with interest in becoming more involved will certainly be supported.
• Additional Administrative and/or Coaching responsibilities added for full-time status.
• Experience competing in the PV, preferably at the collegiate level
• Experience coaching the PV, preferably at least 5 years
• Have current First Aid/CPR training; or the ability to obtain such before employment
• Have completed T&F coaching education; or complete within 3 months of employment:
o USATF Level I Certification or
o USTFCCCA T&F Technical Certification or
o T&F Coaching concentration via Higher Education or other accredited body
• Ability to work both independently and with a team committed toward SA well-being
Southern Virginia University is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, send résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Southern Virginia University is a rapidly growing, private undergraduate liberal-arts University. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains at the southern end of the Shenandoah Valley, the University maintains standards aligned with the values of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and welcomes students & employees of any religious persuasion who share those values. Applicants are invited to learn more about the University at svu.edu.
NCAA Division III, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Vertical Jumps
How to Apply