Institution: Charleston Southern University
Location: Charleston, SC
ASSISTANT TRACK AND FIELD/CROSS COUNTRY COACH
The Assistant Track & Field/Cross Country Coach will support the Director of Cross Country/Track & Field in overseeing all aspects of the men’s and women’s cross country and track & field (indoor and outdoor) programs in accordance with NCAA, Big South, and University rules and regulations. This position will primarily work with the women’s cross country and track & field team, specializing in 800-meter thru the 10,000-meter events.
- Assist the head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices and trainings with emphasis on the women’s 800-meter thru the 10,000-meter events
- Serve as a positive role model for student-athletes
- Assist the Head Coach, as directed, in the recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and university standards
- Assist, as appropriate, in planning and arranging team travel; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations
- Assist, as appropriate, in scheduling of team meets
- Establish a productive, well-rounded environment which stresses the importance of academics in conjunction with athletics
- Establish a professional relationship with students, staff, alumni and the general public in an effort to promote the university and its athletics program
- Work closely with the sports medicine, academic and student services, and athletic performance staffs to monitor the progress of student-athletes
- Support the student-athlete concept and demonstrate concern for the health, safety, and welfare of each student-athlete
- Work cooperatively and responsibly with other departmental personnel
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Cross Country/Track & Field
- Bachelor’s degree; 1-2 years of experience coaching cross country/track & field (preferably at the Division I level); demonstrated successful experience coaching 800-meter thru the 10,000-meter events and/or competitive experience in the aforementioned distances
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Windows and MS Office, and the ability to quickly learn and work with new computer software systems.
- Must be able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
Essential Job Functions: Certain jobs at Charleston Southern University may require specific physical and/or mental abilities and the hiring manager will provide additional information and provision of requests for reasonable accommodation if needed. Regular, on-time attendance is one essential job function of this position.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This position will remain open until filled.
Statement of Purpose
Charleston Southern University is a comprehensive institution affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. This suburban coeducational institution offers a liberal arts and professional curricula with degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The university was founded upon the principle that students should have an opportunity for a quality education under the guidance of Christian faculty. The university promotes academic excellence in a Christian environment.
The South Carolina Baptist Convention founded the institution in 1964 as the Baptist College at Charleston. The campus is located 16 miles from the city of Charleston within the city limits of North Charleston. The institution changed its name to Charleston Southern University in 1990 to reflect the offering of graduate programs.
Charleston Southern University forthrightly avers the validity and applicability of Christian truth and values to public, private, individual and corporate activities. Thus, the University seeks to employ only employees who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; who are committed to the Christian faith; whose faith is reflected in Christian witness through their employment, and their interaction with students, colleagues, and the general public; who will maintain active membership in a local Christian church; and who will be committed to the integration of faith and learning.
NCAA Division I, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Cross Country
How to Apply