Institution: American International College
Location: Springfield, Mass.
– COACHING/INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM INSTRUCTION – Provide individual and team instruction to student-athletes on rules and fundamentals, pre-competition activities, skill attainment, techniques and methods required to demonstrate satisfactory performance in a safe manner and team concepts that are specific to team needs. Provide individualized coaching, tutoring and mentoring to student-athletes, including preparatory work. Assess student-athletes skill attainment demonstrated during practice, competition and in film. Review video of opponent performance and subsequently design individual and team instruction for AIC student-athletes. Determine specific daily practice activities that are organized, creative and valuable for the student-athletes. Keep informed of modern trends, techniques and strategies; transferring the knowledge in the development and implementation of game strategy and position assignments. Emphasize values of competitive athletics, acceptable personal behavior, decision-making and lasting values to each individual. Always serves as an exemplary professional.
– RECRUITING – Work collaboratively with the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid to effectively recruit new student-athletes that have the ability to achieve success academically and athletically at AIC. Abides by all recruiting rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA.
– LEADERSHIP – Communicate skillfully with colleagues, subordinates and student-athletes. Maintains self-control and sets an example for sportsmanlike conduct in relationships with your team, officials, administration and opponents in victory or defeat. Provides clear direction of responsibility and authority. Attend and contribute to department meetings and functions.
– NCAA RULES/COMPLIANCE – Always adhere to Conference and NCAA rules (when applicable).
– COMMUNITY/PUBLIC RELATIONS – Actively support student-athlete participation in community outreach efforts. Develop and maintain positive relationship with interested segment of the community.
– ATHLETIC ACHIEVEMENTS – Assess team competitive performance versus expectations. Analyze how well did the team play when compared with expectations; make adjustments as necessary.
– ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES – Perform additional responsibilities, including, but not limited to driving team vans, (as assigned by the Head XC/Track & Field Coach).
– Required Degree(s): Bachelor’s degree
– Preferred Degree(s): Master’s degree
– Required Field of Expertise: Track & Field
– Preferred Field of Expertise: Jumps, Throws, Pole Vault, and/or Multi Events; Coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level preferred
– Required Training/Cert: Required to pass NCAA recruiting exam within 90 days of employment. Must maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use or must obtain certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) within one year of employment.
– Required Licensure(s): Valid, insurable driver’s license
– Knowledge of NCAA regulations and ability to pass NCAA recruiting test within 90 days
– Strong knowledge of Track & Field
– Exceptional leadership and strong organizational skills.
– The ability to represent the philosophy and educational goals of American International College.
– Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as the schedule dictates
The Assistant Track and Field Coach is a full-time exempt, benefits level position, not limited to 35 hours per week. The schedule will be flexible to the needs of the department with regular office hours to include 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evenings, weekends, and holidays required as the schedule dictates.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application: https://apps.aic.edu/static/jobs/assistant-track-and-field-coach-full-time-id-797.html
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NCAA Division II, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Horizontal Jumps, Vertical Jumps, Throws
How to Apply