Institution: Purdue University Fort Wayne
Location: Fort Wayne, Ind.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
– Assist in the development, promotion, and recruitment of a competitive NCAA Division I Men’s & Women’s Track & Field program.
– Understand, follow and enforce all NCAA bylaws, League regulations, and university academic and other policies and procedures.
– Assist with oversight and monitoring of the academic progress of student-athletes.
– Create and foster an environment that promotes the overall health and welfare of student-athletes.
– Assist with the scheduling of contests and travel arrangements as needed by the Head Coach.
– Assist with any needed coordination of team technical needs, ordering equipment, uniforms, gear and/or supplies.
– If requested, serve as an instructor for one HPER course per year for the School of Education, including development of course content, materials, evaluation and assignment of grades.
– Participate in development activities under the direction of the Director of Athletics and/or Head Coach in conjunction with efforts of the Office of Advancement.
– Assume temporary administrative roles as required/needed by the Athletic Department.
– Work with marketing to create positive publications benefiting your team, the Athletic Department and the general campus.
What are the position essentials required as an Assistant Coach?
– Bachelor’s Degree.
– Two years of work experience at the NCAA Division I, II, or III level, or NAIA coaching experience required with a specialty in working with sprints and hurdle event groups.
– Working knowledge of NCAA DI rules, fundamentals, techniques, and rules of sport.
– Ability to effectively communicate with student-athletes, parents, coaches, media, faculty, staff, students and general public,
– Ability to assist with recruit under highly selective academic and athletic standards.
– Ability to assist in the assessment of athletic skills and instruct athletes in techniques of sport.
– Ability to assist in the development of game strategies.
– Must have a valid driver’s license and remain in compliance with the Purdue University Motor Vehicle Records Check policy.
– For highest consideration, please submit a resume cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.
– Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
– A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Purdue University Fort Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Purdue Fort Wayne is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at https://careers.purdue.edu/FW
NCAA Division I, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Sprints, Hurdles
How to Apply