Location: Claremont, Calif.
Salary: Part-Time Hourly
Description & Details
The Pomona-Pitzer Athletic Department (Claremont, CA) is seeking applicants for the following part-time assistant coaching position-
• Men’s and Women’s Assistant Track & Field Coach (Throws)
Under the direction of the head coach(s), the incumbent assistant coach will be responsible for the daily coaching of male and female throwers.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
• Coach should have the ability and the desire to teach event-specific skills to both novice and experienced athletes.
• Ability to design training programs that exhibit a sound teaching progression, appropriate technical drills, and the use of various training modalities.
• Assist with the set up and management of daily practices
• Assist in the management of home track meets
• The assistant coach must have a commitment to the philosophy of NCAA Division III athletics.
• The assistant coach must understand and adhere to rules and guidelines established by the Pomona-Pitzer Colleges, the Athletic Department, the SCIAC, and the NCAA.
• The position will require night and weekend work as well as occasional travel.
This is a part-time position.
Preference will be given to candidates who can coach multiple throwing events
Email resume and a list of references to:
Men’s Head Coach
NCAA Division III
How to Apply