Institution: University of Wisconsin-Parkside
Location: Kenosha, Wisc.
Internal Number: 18362
Under the general supervision of the Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Cross Country Coach, the Assistant Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Cross Country Coach will be responsible for assisting with the operation and management of all aspects of the program, including but not limited to: scheduling, budgeting, recruiting, fundraising, practice and competition planning, student-athlete development, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, hosting camps, and community engagement. All work will be done in accordance with university, conference, and NCAA regulations. Due to the nature of this work, a willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends is required. This position is a campus security authority and mandatory reporter as defined by federal and state law.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for the overall management, leadership and execution of the Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Cross-Country program, fostering a positive educational and competitive environment on and off the competition surface.
Execute all responsibilities in accordance with the NCAA, UW-Parkside, University of Wisconsin System, and UW-Parkside Foundation policies and procedures.
Assist with the planning, organizing, and management of the program; to include but not limited to:
- Development and implementation of competition strategy/techniques both individually with student athletes and in groups
- Continual education of student-athlete skill development and mental/motivating techniques for competition
- Scheduling and supervision of practice sessions and competitions Recruiting student-athletes
- Monitoring and maintaining the discipline and conduct of student-athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Assist with monitoring and proactively providing support toward academic success of student-athletes Commitment to operating all aspects of the program in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations. Assist in planning and execution of team travel.
- Collaborate with strength and conditioning coaches on a strength and conditioning program. Attend staff meetings, compliance education sessions, and development opportunities. Assist with budget management and revenue generation, including camps, and clinics.
- Represent the athletics department through collaboration with a variety of campus groups. Represent UW-Parkside as appropriate with the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) and the NCAA. Consistent with NCAA Bylaw 11 and institutional procedures, Coach understands and agrees that if Coach is found in violation of any NCAA or conference legislation or fails to report a violation, he/she shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience as a Track and Field student-athlete or coach at the college level
- Experience coaching one or more of the following areas (Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps, Multis)
NCAA Division II, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Sprints, Hurdles, Vertical Jumps, Horizontal Jumps
How to Apply