Institution: Virginia Military Institute
Location: Lexington, Va.
Virginia Military Institute a division 1 military structured state public school, member of the Southern Conference and located in the South West Virginia town of Lexington is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Track and Field Coach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to training and developing men and women vertical jumpers – pole vault and high jump as well as manage multi event student athletes. Duties include skill instruction, strength training, conditioning, and recruiting student athletes that meet NCAA division 1 eligibility standards as well as the admission and character standards of Virginia Military Institute. This position will work with faculty and staff to maintain NCAA, Southern Conference and VMI academic eligibility standards while reporting directly to the Director of Track & Field/Cross Country.
Having a proven ability to teach, lead, counsel, and mentor student-athletes to enable outstanding performances on and off the track is highly regarded. Work schedule must be flexible, and will vary due to team practice, competitions, and recruiting. Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree 3 years documented Coaching experience at the Collegiate level or successful coaching All American High School student athletes. In addition, commitment to NCAA and Southern Conference rules and regulations and support of VMI and its mission. Preferred USATF Level 2 certification in jumps or combined events USTFCCCA Specialist Certification Course in jumps or combined events.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Demonstrated ability, experience and knowledge, to manage program with strict compliance to all Institute, Southern Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
· On and off campus effective recruiting while representing VMI men and women track and field/cross country program.
· Commitment to operating within human resource expectations of VMI.
· Work cooperatively with the sports medicine staff, strength and conditioning personnel and other departmental team members for the advancement of the programs.
· Support the VMI system and represent the Institute with integrity and professionalism.
· Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics, as consistent with the position and qualifications.
· Bachelor’s degree 3 years documented Coaching experience at the · · · Collegiate level or successful coaching All American High School student athletes.
USATF Level 2 certification in jumps or USTFCCCA Specialist Certification Course in jumps.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, 12-month employment with benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please include resume, cover letter of application, official transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Criminal Background Check required for finalist.
Special Instructions to Applicants
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.
NCAA Division I, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Vertical Jumps
How to Apply