Institution: Dakota State University
Location: Madison, S.D.
Dakota State University is seeking candidates for an Assistant Coach for Football and Track. This is a 12 month, benefit eligible position which will work half time for each sport. The purpose of this position is to assist the Head Coaches of Football and Track. This Assistant Coach for Football will work in the areas of either offense or defense. The Assistant Coach for Track will work in all possible areas but experience with the vertical and horizontal jumps is preferred. This coach will also assist both programs with efforts related to recruiting, fundraising, compliance, student retention and student study efforts. This coach will also assist with game activities in other sports, during off-season times.
The incumbent for this position must have:
• Ability, technical skills, and proven knowledge to work with collegiate athletes.
• Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to read and teach sport plays
• Ability to coach, mentor and develop student athletes.
• Ability to evaluate and assess student athlete skills and abilities
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with coaches, athletes, and administration
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Ability to travel as required by the position
• Bachelor’s degree
• One to three years of previous coaching and recruiting experience
• Experience with vertical and horizontal jumps
For full consideration, DSU accepts applications through an online employment site at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site requests 1) a letter of interest outlining how your qualifications match the requirements specified; 2) a current résumé; and (3) the names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and stated relationships for at least three references. For questions concerning the position, contact Alicia Entringer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply