Institution: Williams College
Location: Williamstown, Mass.
Williams College Track & Field is excited to announce an opening for an Assistant Coach in the Athletics Department. This is a full time, 10-month, term appointment with the possibility of renewal. The Assistant Coach works with the men’s and women’s track & field program and should have the expertise to coach speed/power events (jumps, throws, multis and/or sprints). Technical knowledge and/or field event experience is a plus. A strong candidate will have corresponding influence to guide and train their event group within a unified, passionate community of driven student-athletes.
Williams College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will prioritize and excel at fostering a fully inclusive community.
● Practice planning and facilitation
● Individual mentorship and meetings with student-athletes
● Recruiting: correspondence, talent evaluation, scheduling, on-campus visits
● Team transportation & driving
● Administrative office duties
● Other duties as assigned by Head Coaches
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Relevant collegiate competing and/or coaching experience
● Cultural competence when working with a diverse student body
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
● Successful candidate will be self-motivated with high emotional intelligence and possess the ability to recruit, mentor and coach highly talented student-athletes through a rigorous academic environment
● Valid driver’s license
Application review will begin on September 15, 2021. This position includes a generous benefits/vacation package including medical, retirement, and graduate tuition reimbursement
amongst other benefits. The salary is $29,420 for a 10-month term, and comes with a
full-board meal plan during academic terms. Additional tuition reimbursement for collegiate and graduate level courses is also included. Job Group 3-C. Please visit
https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413)
597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCAA Division III, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Full-Time, Vertical Jumps, Horizontal Jumps, Throws, Sprints
How to Apply