Institution: Heidelberg University
Location: Tiffin, Ohio
The Assistant Track & Field Coach provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services to the track and field program under the direction and supervision of the Head Coach of Cross Country and Track & Field at Heidelberg University University.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Recruiting quality student-athletes capable of competing at the NCAA level
– Recruiting student-athletes capable of achieving academic success at a competitive academic institution
– Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
– Providing leadership in the personal development of student-athletes by projecting a positive and professional image
– Helping to design a competitive schedule for the Sprints / Jumps program that maximizes student-athlete development and performance
– Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking, and listening skills
– Developing and sustaining positive relationships with alumni and friends of the track & field program
– Aiding in the planning and implementation of practice and competition schedules
– Participating and assisting in fund-raising activities
– Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, OAC, University, and the Athletics Department
– Administration of home track and field/cross country events
– Aiding and planning of team travel and recruit visits
– Performing other duties as assigned by the Head Coach of Cross Country/Track and Field
– Bachelor’s degree required.
– A high level of competency, motivation, and skill instruction in the following areas: Sprints / Jumps
– Proven ability to recruit high level student-athletes.
– Demonstrated coaching specialty in the following areas: Sprints / Jumps
– Ability to work within the framework of NCAA regulations
– Successful background in collegiate coaching and / or personal competitive experience at the collegiate level
Screening of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
Applicants should send cover letter, resume and references to Brian Grime (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NCAA Division III, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Sprints, Horizontal Jumps, Vertical Jumps
How to Apply