Institution: Millsaps College
Location: Jackson, Miss.
POSITION TITLE: Men’s & Women’s Assistant Cross Country / Track & Field Coach
REPORTS TO: Head Cross Country / Track & Field Coach
Assist the Head Men’s and Women’s Track & Field and Cross Country Coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III program. This includes recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and meets, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with Millsaps College, the Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations.
• Understand and comply with NCAA D-III, conference and University rules and regulations.
• Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community.
• Assist in implementing a comprehensive recruiting plan for the identification and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
• Assist in the develop and implement of plans and strategies for practices and competition.
• Assist in scheduling meets and transportation/lodging arrangements for team travel.
• Monitor student-athletes’ academic progression.
• Assist in the development and coordination of community service and team fundraising events.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head Track & Field coach and / or Director of Athletics.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively in front of groups.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal and influence others to perform their jobs effectively.
• Ability to effectively build relationships with students, co-workers, Alumni and community.
• Willing to receive constructive feedback and make adjustments that support efficiency, effectiveness and overall success.
• Proficiency with Frontrush, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and other Google Apps
• A valid US driver’s license is required.
• Certification in first aid, CPR and AED must be kept current at all times.
• Bachelor’s required; Master’s degree preferred
• Prior coaching experience and/or collegiate running experience preferred
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
NCAA Division III, Assistant Coach, Track and Field
How to Apply