Institution: Nicholls State University
Location: Thibodaux, La.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Athletic Supervision of Multis, Hurdles, Jumps, Sprints, & Throws student-athletes.
- Design & implementation of training programs for event group.
- Supervision & evaluation of individual and group athletic practices.
- Assist with organization and operation of home athletic events.
- Assist with community service activities and other community outreach programs.
- Correspond with Compliance Officer, ensuring student-athletes & coaches follow NCAA & Southland Conference rules.
- Record and report all countable athletically-related activities (CARA logs)
- Recruiting -In person, electronic, and telephone communication with potential student athletes.
- Attend High School Meets. –Invite and Coordinate on campus student athlete visits.
- Development of speed and power/event areas clinic/camp.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Outdoor Practice 4-6 Hours per day.
- Transportation of student athletes to and from practice & competition.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge and Understanding of NCAA rules & regulations.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Technical Knowledge of the Multis, Hurdles, Jumps, Sprints, and Throws.
- Experience as a Student-Athlete at the High School and Collegiate Level
- 3+ Years competing and/or coaching experience in Track and Field at the collegiate level preferably NCAA Division I, II, or III
- Master’s Degree
- Experience recruiting athletically and academically successful student-athletes.
NCAA Division I, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Hurdles, Vertical Jumps, Horizontal Jumps, Sprints, Throws
How to Apply