Institution: Viterbo University
Location: La Crosse, Wis.
Position Title: Assistant Track & Field Coach (Co-Director of Short Sprints/Hurdles)
General Position Description: Support the head coach in administering a competitive NAIA track & field program in accordance with university, NAIA and North Star Athletic Association policies. The assistant coach will provide guidance and maintain positive interactions with student-athletes and other department coaches and staff, university colleagues and benefactors. The specific responsibilities below are the criteria for which the Assistant Coach will be paid. Part-time coaching compensation for the indoor and outdoor seasons is modest.
Reports To: Reports directly to the Head Track & Field Coach
1. Support the head coach in administering a competitive NAIA track & field program in accordance with university, NAIA and North Star Athletic Association policies.
2. Provide coaching in support of the program culture and development/growth of the student-athlete
3. Attend practices, training sessions, team meetings and meets. (Specific time commitment will be communicated by the Head Coach)
4. Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, said duties to be described specifically along with estimated hours required for the task.
5. 90% – Teaching proper fundamentals and techniques to individuals and groups of student-athletes on a daily basis including specific skill work on the track (Sprints/Hurdles). Training design and planning to ensure growth and development
6. 10% – Assistance on recruiting a handful of athletes as needed by the Head Coach and help organizing small events
7. Support and adhere to all institutional policies outlined in the employee handbook.
8. Teach and embrace the five core values of the NAIA’s “Champions of Character” initiative.
9. Ensure that all program operations comply with Viterbo and NAIA policies.
10. Experience working with sprints/hurdles is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree and related professional experience, or a combination of experiences leading to similar qualification, required.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work with a variety of people.
• Flexibility of time necessary to make commitment to varying time needs of the position.
• Satisfactory criminal background check.
• Understanding and commitment to Catholic and Franciscan values
How to Apply