Institution: Montreat College
Location: Montreat, NC
Salary: This is a full-time, 10-month position that is eligible for benefits through Montreat College. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country will help provide leadership for the program, under the direction of the Director of Cross Country/Track & Field (XC/TF). This position will be responsible for the recruitment, training, and development of student-athletes in the throwing events and multis, with additional responsibilities in pole vault, sprints, hurdles, and jumps. This position will work with the Director of XC/TF and Head Track & Field Coach in all aspects of the track & field program, including scheduling, budgeting, recruiting, community service, and leadership development under the Christ-centered mission of Montreat College. This position will also assist in the organization and maintenance of the Montreat College track & field facility, including assisting the Head Track & Field Coach in organizing, planning, and facilitating home competitions and being a liaison for all track & field events held at the facility. This position will also serve as an assistant coach for the Cross Country program. The successful candidate will also serve the athletic department in a role commensurate with need and experience.
1. Carry out the clear vision for the XC/TF program, as directed by the Director of XC/TF, the Athletic Department goals, and the institutional mission, vision, and values.
2. Carry out goals and objectives based on the needs and capabilities of the population served, including summer camps.
3. Articulate and promote student learning and development in the following areas:
d. Athletic Excellence
4. Prescribe and practice ethical behavior
5. Where appropriate, recruit, select, supervise, and develop others in the organization
Candidates must email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
a. Professional cover letter
b. Updated resume
c. Personal statement of Christian faith
d. Three (3) current letters of reference
Montreat College is an independent, Christ-centered, liberal arts institution that educates students through intellectual inquiry, spiritual formation, and preparation for calling and career, all to impact the world for Jesus Christ.
NAIA, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Cross Country
How to Apply