Institution: Illinois State University
Location: Normal, IL
Salary: Commensurate Based on Experience
The assistant coach is responsible for assisting with various coaching, management, and administrative duties of the track & field/cross country program as assigned by the Head Coach. The assistant coach will have primary responsibilities working with distance runners in a combined gender program. The assistant coach is responsible for conducting any duties or activities with integrity and within the rules of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference and/or Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVC or MVFC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State University, and the Athletics Department.
1. Proven ability to teach and coach fundamentals and advanced skills required.
2. Advanced knowledge of techniques and strategies required.
3. Thorough knowledge of NCAA Recruiting Rules required.
4. Proven organizational and leadership ability.
5. Bachelor’s degree
1. Master’s degree
2. Experience recruiting at the Division I level
3. Experience coaching male and female distance runners
4. Experience with organizing team travel, campus visits, and home meet management; and assist with academic monitoring.
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
Effectively communicate with others on a daily basis
NCAA Division I, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field, Distance