Institution: Southern Nazarene University
Location: Bethany, Okla.
Track & Field Associate Head Coach
Full Time / Salary / Benefits
REPORTS TO: Cross Country/Track & Field Head Coach
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 2021
The Track & Field Associate Head Coach will assist the Cross Country/Track & Field Head Coach in providing leadership for the Southern Nazarene University Track & Field Program. While assisting in all aspects of the Track & Field Program, they will play an integral role in the day-to-day administrative responsibilities, player/team spiritual development, daily team training, evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes, academic monitoring, and skill development of student-athletes. There will be a heavy emphasis on recruiting Track & Field student-athletes to grow the overall numbers in the SNU Track & Field Program. Also, this person will be an integral part in helping SNU Athletic and University Administration along with the Cross Country/Track & Field Head Coach in developing a long-term strategic vision/plan for Track & Field facilities on SNU property. This position must work within SNU, the GAC and NCAA guidelines to
provide student-athletes an exceptional collegiate experience while competing for championships. They must have a strong Christian commitment with a vital Christian faith and lifestyle while being supportive of the evangelical Mission of Southern Nazarene University.
● Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU Mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ-centered community.
● An understanding of the importance for diversity, inclusion, and equity.
● They need to possess strong character traits and ministry values that express what God can do through them in impacting the coaches, student-athletes, SNU employees and outside persons with whom they interact.
● Needs to passionately support and articulate the University Mission.
● Must have at least an earned bachelor’s degree in an applicable field.
● Five years of successful coaching experience and collegiate level coaching
experience is preferred.
● A heartfelt commitment to excellence in academics and athletics.
● Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external constituencies.
● Demonstrate experience working and implementing initiatives that promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
● Highly organized and skilled in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
● Recruit NCAA Division II level Track & Field student-athletes ensuring timely submission of their academic records for admissions
● Direct Assistants in the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate SNU Track & Field Program as directed by the Cross Country/Track & Field Head Coach
● Work with Financial Aid and Compliance to determine accurate communication and implementation of scholarship awards
● Monitor academic progress and progress towards graduation of student-athletes, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed
● Monitor Chapel attendance and lead by example with regular attendance
● Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of SNU Track & Field and SNU Athletics
● Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations as directed by the Cross Country/Track & Field Head Coach
● Coach team members individually and in groups, demonstrating Track & Field techniques
● Assist in the coordination of strength and conditioning programs for student athletes
● With direction from the Cross Country/Track & Field Head Coach, help manage
operational, budgetary, and administrative activities for the SNU Track & Field Program
● Work with the Director of Compliance to ensure adherence to all NCAA Division II, Conference and University rules by student-athletes, supporting staff and volunteers
● Continuing education within the sport of Track & Field
● Pass all certifications/testing for NCAA Division II
● Maintain SNU Track & Field facilities and equipment
● Be a Christlike example and create opportunities for student-athletes to grow and develop spiritually ensuring consistent movement towards SNU’s Mission “To make Christlike disciples through higher education”
Apply Online for this position at https://snu.edu/employment/
Generous benefit structure including family health insurance plan (shared cost), long term disability, dental insurance, group life insurance, retirement matching, tuition remission, vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holiday
Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field
How to Apply