Institution: Norton Healthcare Sports & Learning Center
Location: Louisville, Ky.
NORTON HEALTHCARE SPORTS & LEARNING CENTER operated by ASM Global is a state-of-the-art indoor/outdoor track and field facility on 24-acres in the Russell neighborhood of Louisville, KY. It will house seating for 4,000 and will feature entertainment space with a bowling alley and an interactive rock-climbing wall, community green space and outdoor event space. The complex will host a variety of sporting events by organizations such as USA Track and Field, the NCAA, and local and regional public and private school and local track teams. In addition to sporting events, this venue will also offer community and entertainment events, all while providing a clean and safe environment and guaranteeing the ultimate guest experience and satisfaction.
ASM Global houses offices on five continents. The company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Manager of Business Development is responsible for generating business leads, creating contracts, and booking track & field and other sporting events at the Norton Healthcare Sports & Learning Center Health Athletic & Learning Complex. This position will develop and create new contacts locally, regionally, and nationally to ensure the Athletic & Learning Complex is used to its fullest potential.
• Collaborate with the Urban League of Louisville, Louisville Sports Commission, Louisville Tourism and other local and regional agencies to develop a database of potential clients for track and field events and other business development.
• Develop relationships with local and regional track and field personnel. Execute a combination of cold calling, face to face meetings, telemarketing, and networking to generate new sales opportunities.
• Create and respond to proposals and requests for proposals and assembling of bid presentations for track and field events and other events. Evaluates policies, procedures and protocols and recommends improvements for the facility and/or the efficiency and safety of operations and events.
• Research current trends in the track and field space to ensure the Norton’s Sports Health Athletic & Learning Complex meets the needs of events occurring at the time.
• Create and maintain a sales/marketing kit to distribute to potential clients. Develop processes and procedures for on-site visits from potential clients. Research and generate new and creative sales ideas.
• Prepare reports and track local, regional trends and emerging markets. Provide updates to the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and Client as requested.
• Envision and execute new facility marketing plans for multiple marketing platforms. Stay current with marketing and social media platforms.
• Collaborate with other ASM Global venues when feasible to assist with meeting goals and staying current with market trends.
• Travel as necessary to attend sales meetings, conventions, and or regional and national events that would present networking opportunities.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
1. A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree preferred)
2. A minimum of (2) years of related work experience
3. Sales and marketing experience, preferably with a large regional track and field complex.
4. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business materials, reports, technical procedures, and or state and county regulations.
5. Professional sales training desired and a proven sales track record.
6. Excellent knowledge of MS Office software programs and the ability to learn required business systems
7. Must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal and an effective presenter as he/she represents ASM Global and the facility
8. Flexibility to adapt to the needs of a growing and changing dynamic organization.
9. Ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
10. Strong work ethic to enthusiastically persist and achieve ambitious goals.
11. Must be able to work productively in a team environment, as well as autonomously.
1. Working knowledge of all aspects of the operation of a sports / athletics venue
2. Working knowledge of food and beverage operations and revenue streams
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
How to Apply