Institution: Montreat College
Location: Montreat, N.C.
Salary: $550/month for 10 months and a tuition fee waiver for the following graduate programs: Master’s in Management & Leadership; Master’s in Business Administration
The Graduate Assistant for Men’s & Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field will assist in all aspects of a competitive men’s & women’s track & field program and is responsible for, but not limited to: the integration of Christian faith and the recruitment, retention and academic success of student-athletes. In addition to coaching, this position requires assistance in multiple aspects of team management, including budgeting, facilities management, academic support, and recruiting. This position will be responsible to maintain compliance with all Montreat College, Appalachian Athletic Conference, and NAIA rules and regulations.
1. Assist the Director of Cross Country/Track & Field (XC/TF) and coaching staff with recruiting efforts for the men’s & women’s XC/TF program; recruiting student athletes for the athletic team who will represent the mission of Montreat College.
2. Organize and lead practice/training sessions for student-athletes in assigned discipline(s).
3. Plan comprehensive training plans for student-athletes in assigned discipline(s).
4. Assist in operational procedures including scheduling, travel, budget management, and statistics.
5. Attend departmental meetings upon request.
6. Be familiar with and adhere to departmental policies and procedures as well as NAIA and AAC regulations.
7. Participate in the college and departmental activities as needed.
8. Be responsible for the conduct of athletes, both on and off the playing field.
9. Actively participate with all athletic fundraising programs as needed.
10. Communicate the needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the Director of Athletics.
11. Assist with travel and facilities management for the men’s and women’s cross country teams.
12. Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution is required. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with successful recruiting and college coaching experience.
Candidates must support and affirm the College’s faith statement and Community Life Covenant.
How to Apply
Please email the following materials to Jason Lewkowicz at email@example.com
1. Complete application
2. Cover letter
3. Statement of Christian faith
4. Three current professional references