Institution: Bryant University
Location: Smithfield, R.I.
This is an intern position that reports to the Director of Cross Country/Track and Field and is responsible to assist in all phases of the University’s Cross Country/Track and Field program. This position is primarily responsible to assist with daily practices, coordinate recruiting, assist with meet management, assist with fundraising and promote sportsmanship in all phases of a successful intercollegiate Cross Country/Track and Field program.
The Cross Country/Track & Field Intern will receive a $10,000 stipend and housing on campus.
1. Effectively assist in coaching a competitive DI Cross Country/Track and Field program in a manner, which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, and ensures compliance with all NCAA conference, Northeast Conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
2. Effectively assist in recruiting qualified student-athletes to participate in the University’s athletic program, and effectively promote Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students.
3. Ensure that student-athletes associated with the Track and Field program are eligible under NCAA and Northeast Conference regulations.
4. Assist the Director of Cross Country/Track and Field in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), and meets.
5. Effectively monitor student-athlete academic progress; referring or counsel where appropriate, and motivate the athlete.
6. Establishing and maintaining a professional demeanor with student-athletes, parents, staff, guidance counselors, the community and the media.
7. Share the Bryant vision, and promote public awareness of Bryant University, its Cross Country/Track and Field program, athletics, and academics with emphasis on public relations. Participate enthusiastically in fundraising efforts.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is filled best by an individual with an undergraduate degree and related collegiate Cross Country/Track and Field experience including successful recruiting, coaching and administering of a track and field program. Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills; experience motivating and supervising student-athletes, and a thorough understanding of and experience with NCAA and Northeast Conference rules and regulations. The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential. Knowledge of related computer applications is important. A valid driver’s license is required for travel. This position is subject to the completion of a criminal background and division of motor vehicles check. This position has non-standard hours. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
NCAA Division I, Cross Country, Track and Field
How to Apply