Institution: Emory University
Location: Atlanta, Ga.
The Assistant Track and Field Coach provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services to the track and field program under the direction and supervision of the Head Coach of Cross Country and Track and Field at Emory University.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Recruiting quality student-athletes capable of competing at the UAA and NCAA levels
– Recruiting student-athletes capable of achieving academic success at a highly competitive academic institution.
– Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
– Providing leadership in the personal development of student-athletes by projecting a positive and professional image
– Helping to design a competitive schedule that maximizes student-athlete development and performance
– Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking, and listening skills
– Developing and sustaining positive relationships with alumni and friends of the track and field program
– Aiding in the planning and implementation of practice and competition schedules
– Participating and assisting in fund-raising activities
– Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, UAA, University, and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
– Administration of home track and field/cross country events
– Aiding and planning of team travel and recruit visits
– Performing other duties as assigned by the Head Coach of Cross Country/Track and Field
– Bachelor’s degree required.
– A high level of competency, motivation, and skill instruction in the following areas: Throws
– Proven ability to recruit high level student-athletes.
– Demonstrated coaching specialty in the following areas: Throws
– Ability to work within the framework of NCAA and UAA regulations.
– Successful background in collegiate coaching or personal competitive experience at the collegiate level.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
Applicants should send cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and contact information for three references to Linh Nguyen (Linh.Nguyen@emory.edu).
NCAA Division III, Assistant Coach, Full-Time, Track and Field, Throws
How to Apply