Institution: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Location: Newark, NJ
As an Assistant Coach for NJIT’s intercollegiate Men’s & Women’s Cross Country Track & Field team, this function finds the incumbent responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the proper and overall management of the program. Emphasis on coaching the distance runners.
To accomplish this role, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
1) Coaching and Teaching Activities: This function finds its incumbent providing a full array of services related to the Cross Country/Track & Field Program. By way of illustration and not limitation, this function:
- Assists in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training and competition.
- Coaching emphasis is on distance
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of prospective student-athletes for the intercollegiate Men’s & Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Assists in scheduling the intercollegiate Cross Country/Track & Field competitions.
- Leads, monitors and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Fundraises, as needed in coordination with University Advancement, to supplement additional monies for the program.
- Provides assistance in the coordination and administration of the program as required.
- Provides guidance and assistance to student-athletes on a range of personal issues, as required.
2) NCAA Compliance: Knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA rules, regulations, bylaws, constitutions and related university rules, regulations and policies.
3) Maintain current health care certifications. (First aid, CPR/AED).
4) Performs other duties as assigned.
NCAA Division I, Full-Time, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field, Distance
How to Apply