Institution: DePaul University
Location: Chicago, Ill.
Salary: Graduate School Tuition and Living Stipend
DePaul Athletics is committed to providing a transformative and inclusive experience for our student-athletes that allows them to pursue their academic and athletic goals.
DePaul University Athletics is a NCAA Division I athletics department that sponsors 15 sports and competes in the BIG EAST Conference. An equal opportunity employer, the department is seeking a graduate assistant to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Track & Field/Cross Country programs. This role will support the Associate Head Coach with all aspects of the cross country program during the pre-season, cross country/indoor/outdoor track seasons. Candidates that are committed to sharing and celebrating the diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences of the DePaul Athletics’ community both on and off the field are encouraged to apply.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with practice/practice preparation and meets/meet preparation for cross country and distance athletes (40%)
• Assist with monitoring the academic success of student athletes in conjunction with academic advising (10%)
• Assist the Head Coach with NCAA Compliance documentation, logs, and ensuring adherence to NCAA rules. (20%)
• Assist with team logistical needs including but not limited to equipment preparation, gear distribution and inventory, and travel (20%)
• Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes as directed by the coaching staff (5%)
• Knowledge of and adherence to DePaul University, BIG EAST Conference, and NCAA compliance policies and procedures. Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance meetings. (5%)
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and references to Head Coach Dave Dopek firstname.lastname@example.org with title Graduate Assistant 2022
NCAA Division I, Graduate Assistant, Distance
How to Apply