Institution: Concordia University Texas
Location: Austin, Texas
Salary: Tuition Remission (fees excluded), Semester Stipend, One Meal Per Day
The Cross Country and Track and Field graduate assistant (GA) will assist the head coach in areas such as teaching proper techniques and skill development, monitoring student-athlete academic progress; recruitment of prospective student athletes, travel planning, equipment inventory, composing opponent scouting reports and other athletic department support functions in preparation and conclusion of the athletic season.
POSITION FUNCTIONS REQUIRE:
- Embracing the University core values and vision in the development of Christian leaders.
- The ability to express independent discretion and judgement.
- The ability to write, articulate, and uphold University, athletic department, American Southwest Conference, and NCAA policies and procedures.
- The ability to motivate and nurture student-athletes in and out of the athletic arena.
- Knowledge of discipline-specific fundamentals and techniques, physical health, team-concepts, and personal safety; and excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Will be able to work independently and as a member of a team and be able to effectively communicate to individuals and groups.
- The ability to work within a team environment within the athletic department.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Acceptance to a graduate program offered at Concordia University Texas.
- Knowledge of the sport as a competitive athlete.
- To work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Must comply with the Concordia University Texas Department of Athletics Procedures Handbook; NCAA and ASC Manuals; NCAA and ASC Coaches Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Exhibit a professional image while representing the University at meets, campus events, practices, away trips, conventions, meetings, and in the local community.
- Proven ability to recruit qualified student-athletes and lead student-athletes.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Complete the necessary CTX driving course.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
This position is not eligible for remote work.
How to Apply