Institution: MidAmerica Nazarene University
Location: Olathe, Kan.
Salary: $7,500 Annually
1) Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program, including adherence and enforcement of all departmental policies and procedures, as well as University, Conference, and NAIA rules and regulations.
2) Coach student-athletes in the distance, middle distance, and/or long sprints event areas within the XC/Track & Field program; participate in planning and implementing a training program; team practice to maximize time, effort, safety, and skill; monitor and encourage academic progress of the student-athlete culminating in their graduation; counsel student-athletes as needed in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters, including consulting with the Student Services personnel.
3) Click link to see full description at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=52337&clientkey=94C12971DF5E45B623E88E77701008BC
– Experience coaching or competing in distance and/or long sprint areas.
– Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in dealing with persons both internal and external to the University, both on the telephone and in person. The ability to relate in a caring manner to students and families from a broad range of backgrounds, both in group situations and individually.
– Ability to prioritize and deal with several tasks concurrently, while maintaining flexibility, high energy, creativity, and attention to detail.
– Ability to use new technologies to accomplish team and departmental goals.
– Ability to travel and work a varied schedule which may include night and weekend hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s degree is required
– Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience including effective leadership, communication, and recruiting skills is preferred.
APPLICATION: Interested individuals who meet the criteria outlined above should attach the following documentation to be considered for the position.
Under the “Resume” area of the application:
Under the “Cover Letter” area of the application:
– Cover letter
– List of professional references (minimum of 3 with phone number and email address included)
– Statement of faith, including details on how Christian faith impacts coaching (1-page maximum).
Check full job positing listing at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=52337&clientkey=94C12971DF5E45B623E88E77701008BC
NAIA, Part-Time, Graduate Assistant, Cross Country, Track and Field, Sprints, Distance
How to Apply