Institution: Ottawa University
Location: Surprise, Ariz.
Salary: Graduate Tuition and Stipend
OUAZ is seeking graduate assistant applicants for the 2020/2021 academic year. The position requires flexible schedule and includes early mornings, evenings and weekends. Prefer former collegiate track or cross-country athlete.
Requirements: Experience with jumps, hurdles, multi’s/Pole Vault and or throws preferred. Viable candidates should apply for acceptance into an OUAZ Graduate Program and must be accepted prior to being offer the GA coaching position. Must pass a background check prior to coaching.
GA Job Duties:
• assist the Head coach with equipment maintenance, purchasing, inventory and distribution.
• Recruiting of new athletes, local and national. Must be willing and able to travel to high school meets, set up high school presentations and communicate with other coaches.
• Study hall monitoring
• Assist with practice plans, warmups, cool downs, etc….
• Will be responsible for event groups as assigned by the head coach
• Assist with all travel arrangements, including transportation, lodging and meals
• Responsible for assisting with the strength and conditioning program as needed
• Expected to travel to all meets
• Expected to be at all practices
• Assist with social media for track and XC program
• Other duties as assigned by the head coach
How to Apply