Institution: Waldorf University
Location: Forest City, Iowa
Salary: Online graduate tuition waiver over 12 consecutive online academic terms and a monetary stipend of $10,350/academic year divided in equal installments over 10mo between August through May.
Waldorf University seeks applications for a Graduate Assistant in Men’s and Women’s Track & Field programs (Throws or Jumps). The Graduate Assistant appointment includes an online graduate tuition waiver over 12 consecutive online academic terms and a monetary stipend of $10,350/academic year divided in equal installments over 10mo between August through May.
Graduate Assistants will work closely with the head coach in all aspects of building and retaining the programs at the NAIA level including, but not be limited to assist in onsite and individual coaching of events, all phases of the recruiting process, monitor the academic progress of student-athletes, and other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Acceptable candidates must have prior collegiate track and field experience, a dedication to students, and an interest in pursuing a career in coaching
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Strong oral and written communication skills required and possess initiative and leadership qualities.
- Must have the ability to work responsibly
- Evening and weekend travel required
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2.5 GPA meeting acceptance standards of our graduate program as found under the Graduate Online Admissions section of catalog at https://www.waldorf.edu/download-information) by start date.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application: for consideration all candidates must apply through the website and upload their resume, cover letter and contact information for two professional references. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will be based on materials submitted through application site/process. Any employment offer is contingent on Waldorf Online Graduate School acceptance* and a background check.
*The graduate program(s) available for this position are solely online. At this time, we are not able to support the immigration status of F1 or J1 visa holders as graduate assistants due to the online only nature of our graduate coursework.
NAIA, Graduate Assistant, Throws, Horizontal, Vertical Jumps
How to Apply