Institution: Fairleigh Dickinson University – Florham
Location: Madison, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University – Florham invites applications for a Graduate Assistant for Track & Field. This position reports to the Head Track & Field Coach and will be responsible for assisting with the overall coaching and management of a designated event(s) group within the men’s and women’s, indoor and outdoor track & field programs. The Track & Field Graduate Assistant will receive compensation in the form of tuition credits (9 credits per semester) and a stipend.
Fairleigh Dickinson University – Florham is a Division III member of the NCAA and a member of the Middle Atlantic Conference.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Assist with the development and implementation of training plans for designated event group(s) during indoor and outdoor track & field seasons.
- Coach student-athletes as assigned during practices and meets. Provide oversight and evaluation of student-athletes’ daily progress.
- Recruit prospective student athletes in compliance with university-developed goals and within NCAA guidelines. Recruitment may include making initial contact with prospective students and families, assisting with campus visits, and maintaining regular contact with recruits.
- May participate in event scheduling, budget management, procurement of equipment, all aspects of meet management for collegiate and high school events, and fundraising.
- The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably-related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Acceptance or ability to be accepted into a graduate program at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
– Prior coaching, playing or teaching experience required.
- Desire to coach within the NCAA Division III philosophy and the MAC and Fairleigh Dickinson University guidelines.
- Valid driver’s license and a clear driving record is required.
- Ability to collaborate and participate as an active member of the athletic department and the University community.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
NCAA Division III, Graduate Assistant, Track and Field, Sprints, Hurdles, Horizontal Jumps, Vertical Jumps
How to Apply
To apply please send a letter of interest, a resume, and 3 professional references to Kendall Luy at email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.