Institution: Indiana Wesleyan University
Location: Marion, Ind.
The reporting relationship is to the Athletics Director and the Head Coach. For Athletics, the primary responsibilities are to assist, support and encourage a successful intercollegiate athletic program representing coaches and student athletes.
This position is a 12 month position beginning July 1. In the case of a Graduate course beginning in June of the first contract year, the GA may enroll in said course BEFORE the July 1 start date.
Assist the Head Coach to develop, manage, and successfully coach, to include scheduling, recruiting, equipment management, reporting scores as well as any other work as assigned by the Head Coach.
Manage and operate within budget parameters, without exception. Submit all receipts and budget reports on time as directed by Director of Athletics.
Ensure strict adherence to all Crossroads League, NAIA by-laws and regulations.
Ensure adherence with established institutional compliance rules, policies, and procedures as well as ethical standards of behavior.
Ensure satisfactory academic performance of student-athletes.
Ensure the spiritual, physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
Responsible for successful coaching, to include maximizing the team’s potential/abilities, keeping athletes eligible, supporting the spiritual development of each player, and retaining athletes through graduation.
Assist to propagate a comprehensive public relations program.
Assist the operations of sport camps and/or clinics.
Assist in all department fund-raising and booster events in accordance with University, Crossroads League, NAIA expectations, and institutional rules, policies, and procedures.
Learn, understand, and adhere to all Crossroads League, NAIA guidelines and maintain up-to-date rosters, squad lists and other information keeping compliance as a first priority.
Assist in coordinating and developing organized schedules and submit weekly countable hours report.
Participate in long-range planning and assessment, attend all departmental training sessions and meetings, read and comply with all departmental policy manuals.
Assist in planning and implementing daily practice sessions.
1. Request, monitor, and oversee any budgetary responsibilities as assigned.
2. Participate as requested in committees, councils or professional organizations that pertain to this position. Attendance at chapel services is encouraged.
3. Counsel with students and refer as necessary regarding spiritual, personal, emotional or academic problems.
4. Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with Indiana Wesleyan University’s mission and goals. Support the policies of the student handbook with integrity.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and create an environment of quality and innovation.
6. Work within Athletic Department to foster an environment of cooperation and unity.
Must demonstrate a mature and expressive Christian faith commitment.
Needs to passionately support and articulate the University mission and vision for athletics within the context of that mission.
Must have an earned Bachelor’s Degree.
Need to be gifted in supervising and motivating others.
Must be creative and innovative; discerning and a thorough planner.
NAIA, Graduate Assistant, Cross Country, Track and Field
How to Apply
To apply, click here… https://indwes.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1628&site=1