Institution: Muskingum University
Location: New Concord, Ohio
Muskingum University invites applications for a Graduate Assistant for Track & Field. This position reports to the Director for Track & Field Operations and Head Cross Country Coach and will be responsible for assisting with the overall coaching and management of the throws group within the men’s and women’s, indoor and outdoor track & field programs.
Muskingum University is a Division III member of the NCAA and a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference.
- Assist with the development and implementation of training plans for designated event group(s) during indoor and outdoor track & field seasons.
- Coach student-athletes as assigned during practices and meets.
Provide oversight and evaluation of student-athletes’ daily progress, including strength training, conditioning, and the students’ academic, personal, and athletic development.
- Recruit prospective student athletes in compliance with University-developed goals. Recruitment may include making initial contact with prospective students and families, assisting with campus visits, maintaining regular contact with recruits, maintaining notes in Front Rush, and providing advice on the admission process, financial aid, and Muskingum Experience.
- Perform secondary duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or their designee.
- May participate in event scheduling, budget management, procurement of equipment, all aspects of meet management for collegiate and high school events, operation of timing system, and fundraising.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Muskingum staff to integrate efforts and create program success.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive.
- The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably-related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree.
- Acceptance or ability to be accepted into Muskingum University Graduate Program.
- Strong collegiate background in throwing events.
- Ability to use athletic software, such as Front Rush.
- Desire to coach within the NCAA Division III philosophy and OAC and Muskingum guidelines.
- Ability to collaborate and participate as an active member of the athletic department and the University community.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
How to Apply
Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and 3 professional references and should be sent by email to email@example.com or fax to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.
NCAA Division III, Graduate Assistant, Track and Field
How to Apply