Institution: Jacksonville State University
Location: Jacksonville, Ala.
Jacksonville State University, NCAA Division I member of the Ohio Valley Conference, invites applications for the position of Throws Graduate Assistant for Women’s Track & Field for the 2020-2021 school year.
Job Description- The successful candidate will assist the head coach in all aspects of the program, including but not limited to:
– Support head coach with weight room and event coaching (practice and competition)
– Assist with recruiting and scouting qualified student-athletes
– Adhere to practice log and recruiting log entry to Compliance
– Assist with meet management for all home contests.
– Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Job Requirements- This is a 1 year assistantship beginning with the Fall 2020 term, renewable for a total of 3 years.
Candidates must have the following:
– A Bachelor’s Degree
– at least 4 year of collegiate experience (coaching or competing) in the Throwing events (Shot, Discus, Hammer)
– Knowledge of conference and NCAA rules and regulations, and ability to pass NCAA recruiting exam
– Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms with recruits, current student-athletes and fellow coaches
– Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
– Valid U.S. Driver’s License with a clean driving record
– Actively support the mission of the university, athletics department and track and field / cross-country program.
Compensation includes tuition, books, and a monthly stipend. Successful candidates must apply and be accepted into the graduate school at Jacksonville State University. Please send a letter of application, resume and three (3) references to email@example.com
NCAA Division I, Graduate Assistant, Track and Field, Throws
How to Apply