Institution: Colorado College
Location: Colorado Springs, Colo.
Responsible for the overall management of Colorado College’s competitive NCAA Division LII track & field programs. Emphasis is placed on teaching and coaching, recruiting qualified student-athletes to a highly selective liberal arts institution, and providing leadership while upholding the mission of the department and the institution.
• Recruit and retain prospective student athletes while adhering to the philosophy of Colorado College and the appropriate NCAA Division III and conference rules.
• Effectively teach, coach and train student-athletes in order to help facilitate their improvement as athletes and as people.
• Work with your sport administrator in consultation with the Director of Athletics to identify clear vision, strategy and goals for the track & field programs.
• Administer the track & field programs within the rules and policies of Colorado College, the conference and the NCAA, and conduct the program within the high ethical standards of the College and the Athletics Department.
• Serve as an assistant to the head men’s and women’s cross country coach during the cross country season, and assist in other administrative capacities to that program.
• Work with the sport administrator and the budget manager to prepare and manage the annual budget with the goal of operating a balanced budget.
• Organize and administer the appropriate pre-season, in-season, and post-season duties to include but not limited to scheduling, making travel arrangements and contracting officials for home competition.
• Promote an environment and relationships with students, athletes, prospective students, and the Athletics Department staff that reflects inclusion and respect for diversity and equitable practices.
• Work with the sports performance conditioning staff to insure a commitment to the health and safety of the student-athletes.
• Hire, manage and evaluate assistant coaches and program staff.
• Work with staff members to develop community outreach programs, correspond with alumni and engage in fundraising and promotion of Colorado College.
• Assist with home event management of athletic events as needed
o Actively support the college’s plan to be an antiracist institution by understanding, engaging with, and promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity in the college community.
o Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe
situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
o Demonstrate environmental sustainability by using college resources wisely and supporting the college’s sustainability
initiatives and innovation.
o Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years track coaching experience at the collegiate or comparable level; experience with effective leadership, coaching and recruiting skills; excellent communication, interpersonal and managerial skills; demonstrated ability to recruit qualified student-athletes, and ability to teach and mentor a diverse student body. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by Colorado Colleges motor vehicle insurance carrier. Must be able to travel extensively, via ground transportation as well as air travel. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with diverse constituents and from different cultural backgrounds. Ability to develop antiracism terminology and language.
NCAA Division III
How to Apply