Institution: Neosho County Community College
Location: Chanute, Kan.
Salary: Per Negotiated Agreement
Fringe Benefits per PEA Negotiated Agreement
Salary Range: Per Negotiated Agreement
Position pending board approval
1. Provide premiere quality service to all constituencies of the College.
2. Engage in continuous quality improvement and professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recruit and retain student-athletes to fill the team from outside the general student body and meet minimum program numbers as assigned by the Athletic Director.
2. Prescribe and supervise training programs for practice, strength training, and conditioning.
3. Supervise and guide student-athletes academic progress including overseeing study hall and monitoring class attendance
4. In conjunction with student-athletes designated academic advisor, actively participate in the student-advising program.
5. Supervise assistant coach(es) for the appropriate sport.
6. Assist graduating student-athletes in transferring on to appropriate four-year institutions.
7. Monitor the citizenship of student-athletes and administer discipline when needed.
8. Supervise and organize community service and engagement activities for the respective team.
9. Develop a thorough knowledge of and abide by current NJCAA, Region VI, KJCCC, and NCCC rules and regulations.
10. Assist in gathering all information needed to prepare NJCAA Eligibility Forms for submission.
11. Work with the Athletic Director to schedule competitions for the respective sport.
12. Fully participate in the departmental budgeting, purchasing, and inventorying process.
13. Fully utilize NCCC’s Student Learning Outcomes Assessment System at the course, program, and general education level and at the co-curricular level where appropriate.
14. Attend all meetings called for by the Administration.
15. Drive or supervise transportation for all team travel and recruiting.
16. Attend all appropriate Region VI and KJCCC coaches meetings.
17. Monitor financial obligations of student-athletes to the college
18. Fulfill the professional development requirements found in the Negotiated Agreement.
19. Attend commencement exercises.
20. Perform non-coaching duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
21. Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive school vehicles per board policy.
4. Ability to drive up to 12 passenger van.
5. Organizing and coordinating skills.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to work irregular hours including some evenings and weekend.
8. Excellent computer skills.
9. Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment.
10. Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum one year experience coaching required, three years preferred.
• Experience in community college athletics preferred.
1. Irregular work hours may be required including some nights and weekends.
2. Occasional strenuous physical work including heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required objects up to 50 pounds.
3. Travel is required.
Please submit a letter of application, resume with names and phones numbers of five references, unofficial transcripts, and employment application to: Human Resources Director, Head Track & Field and Cross Country Coach, Neosho County Community College, 800 West 14th Street, Chanute, KS 66720 or Email to email@example.com. Employment application available at http://www.neosho.edu/careers.aspx. Review of applications begins upon receipt.
NCCC is an EOE/AA employer
The current non-discrimination policy can be found at:
NJCAA, Full-Time, Head Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field
How to Apply