Institution: Brown University
Location: Providence, RI
The Track & Field Operations Coordinator reports to the Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach and is responsible for the organization of the day- to-day efficient operation of the Brown University Track & Field & Cross Country programs. Assists the Head Coach in all phases of planning, developing, and promoting a championship caliber Ivy League program.
All division employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the division are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience in track & field/cross country (collegiate playing, coaching or operations); Division I experience preferred.
- Business background, preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (verbal & written) & computer skills, necessary
- Experience planning and organizing team travel, preferred.
- High attention to detail, necessary
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, alumni, colleagues and the public.
- Strong commitment to the welfare of student-athletes.
- Ability to independently coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills combined with the ability to successfully interact with diverse individuals from both University and community related constituencies for maximizing University &
- Divisional goals, objectives, relationships & representation.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Social media experience, helpful.
- Established history of quality relationships with staff, coaches, student-athletes, alumni, parents, etc. preferred.
- Prior experience with video editing software, helpful.
- Knowledge and understanding of, and commitment to comply with, NCAA, Ivy League and University rules and regulations.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background, education and DMV check satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check – Criminal, Education, DMV
Recruiting Start Date: 2022-03-25-07:00
Job Posting Title: Operations Coordinator, Track & Field
Department: Athletics & Physical Education
Grade: Grade 7
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 37.5
Position Classification: Hybrid Eligible
Submission Guidelines: Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Vaccination Requirements: In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions? If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
EEO Statement: Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
NCAA Division I, Full-Time, Director of Operations, Administrative, Track and Field
How to Apply