Institution: Midway University
Location: Midway, Ky.
Midway University is seeking a part-time Assistant Sprint, Hurdle, and Relay Coach for the Track & Field program. The purpose of this position is to assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a competitive Track and Field program. The top priority must be the overall collegiate experience of the student-athlete with a commitment to promoting a positive and healthy team culture that encourages growth and development.
• Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and institution as well as the rules and regulations of the River States Conference (RSC), the NAIA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
• Assist in recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Ensure full compliance with NAIA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
• Assist with planning and running daily practice sessions to ensure student-athletes are organized and prepared.
• Provide guidance and instruction in the personal and athletic development of the team, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
• Assist the head coach in developing and implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
• Ensure safety through careful monitoring of the condition of equipment and facilities utilized by the team.
• Responsible for transportation of the team to offsite practice or competition locations by driving a 15-passenger van.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by head coach, athletic director, or administration.
• Complete all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participate in available professional development opportunities.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service education sessions, and other divisional or departmental meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree and prior coaching experience at a collegiate level preferred.
• Previous track & field coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level in the areas of sprints, hurdles, and relays.
• Background check and acceptable driving record required
• Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until this position is filled.
Midway University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NAIA, Part-Time, Assistant Coach, Track and Field, Sprints, Hurdles
How to Apply