Institution: Cardinal Stritch University
Location: Milwaukee, Wisc.
Cardinal Stritch University is currently seeking a qualified Assistant Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Cross Country Coach. This position will work with the Head Cross Country & Track and Field Coach to help in a variety of different areas. These include but are not limited to: recruiting qualified student-athletes, practice organization, strength, and conditioning, meet day operations, athlete development, potential camps, the daily overall operation of the program, driving of vans to meets and practices, assisting with fundraising, helping develop and support team culture. Cardinal Stritch University is part of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Observing potential student-athletes at High School meets and practices
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date contact list of high school coaches
- Assistance with campus visits
- Keeping recruiting logs accurate and up-to-date
- Involvement in practice planning
- Involved in all aspects of coaching in practice
- Running team members through individual and/or small group workouts outside of practice
- Creation and directing team members in technique, injury prevention, strength, academic assistance
- Assist head coach in all team fundraising programs
- Assist head coach with travel arrangements and traveling with the team
- Assistance with running the team through pre-season and off-season conditioning programs
- Assisting with alumni relations
- Assisting with social media accounts
- Academic monitoring of team members
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Master’s degree or equivalent coaching experience preferred in any of the following events-cross country, sprints, jumps, throws, distance/mid-distance
- Some travel and nights/weekends required
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.stritch.edu/About/Careers-at-Stritch.
Cardinal Stritch University is a Catholic, Franciscan university rooted in four key Franciscan values: creating a caring community, sharing compassion, reverencing creation and peacemaking. Our mission is to transform lives through value-centered education.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
In compliance with the amendments to the federal Clery Act concerning annual security reports, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University’s annual Campus Crime Statistics here.
In compliance with the amendments to Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and gender in education programs, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University’s Title IX policies here.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
NAIA, Part-Time, Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track and Field, Sprints, Hurdles, Horizontal Jumps, Vertical Jumps, Throws, Distance
How to Apply